Become a LBRYian
Join the club and become a LBRYian.
Anyone can become a LBRYian.
A LBRYian (Librarian) is almost just like real Librarians in normal old-school Libraries. The biggest difference is that a LBRYian is on the internet, and the Librarian is in your local Library.
A LBRYian is just a name to symbolize someone’s commitment to LBRY.
A LBRYian may earn rewards after he or she contributes to LBRY.
A LBRYian will receive updates about how to contribute to the LBRY. (Like a Librarian, I told you.)
Can I trust a LBRYian?
No. Anyone can become a LBRYian, so you can never completely trust anyone.
However, some LBRYians have a good reputation, so they have become Trusted.
- Low Status – LBRYian
- Medium Status – Volunteering LBRYian
- High Status – Trusted LBRYian (gets paid and moderator rights in the Discord Chat.)
Becoming a Trusted LBRYian takes time and effort, as of now there exists only a selected few.
There are really no duties as a LBRYian. Just like a normal Librarian, I told you (haha!)
However, a LBRYian is a volunteer (who can be rewarded), so you decide yourself what you want to do.
Available tasks for a LBRYian
- Share LBRY on Social Media
- Help people out in the Chat & Tech Support or perform bounties.
- Contribute to The Stack Exchange
- Contribute on Github
- Place stickers in responsible places.
Do you have an idea for a task? Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is really no definitive way to say if you’re a LBRYian or not, but there are many roads that lead to Rome.
How do I become a LBRYian?
- Subscribe to the Newsletter, and read the LBRYian-section when mails are sent. They are made specially for you.
- Assign yourself the LBRYian-role in the Discord Chats. If you don’t know how, just enter the chat and say “I want to become a LBRYian.”
- Go on Social Media and come out of the closet as a LBRYian, and link to https://lbry.community
What does a LBRYian believe in?
Freedom of Speech, and Freedom to Publish. They believe in LBRY.
What does a LBRYian act like?
They act like themselves.
However, in official LBRY Chats and Social Media they will try to keep order, act according to rules, and help out whenever necessary.