In the sea of alt-coins, blockchain explorers can look rather similar. The typical black and white display with your address balance, TXIDs, etc.
Enter “LBRYExplorer” – https://lbryexplorer.tech
Located here… You can find the explorer displaying plenty of information including;
- A graph showing up-to-date information about mining difficulty.
- A graph showing up-to-date information about the block size.
- A list of the most recent blocks including TX count and overall size.
- A list of the most recent transactions including the value and fee.
While this includes most of the similar information as the previous explorer, we at LBRYC appreciate the work that is going into this project to make it look more appealing to both the newbies and the advanced users.
Some pros and cons;
- A new design that gives a refreshing look
- More detailed information
- Community ran
- It is a bit buggy
- It includes mostly similar information overall that the original explorer includes
If you are interested in learning a bit more as to why the developer created this site, you can read more in this GitHub issue.
“I believe that the block explorer is a fundamental service for a cryptocurrency, I think we should have a new explorer: mobile first, super detailed (able to provide statistics even to the most hungry nerd), which exposes api to allow third-party software development, able to offer new services.“
Interested in contributing to this project yourself? It is purely OPEN SOURCE! The GitHub repository can be located here.
Overall, we are happy to see the community working on improving LBRY in any way possible.
If you are interested in seeing updates as they progress, please join the LBRY.Community Discord and visit the #lbry-blockchain-explorer-custom channel.